The Governance structure of the Association is as follows:
The highest body consisting of duly authorised representatives of each of the development financing institutions which are members of the Association
Management Committee – Board:
The Association shall be managed by a Management Committee and the Committee shall determine the functions of the Chairman, the Treasurer, the Secretary and other staff of the Secretariat, subject to the over-riding authority of the General meeting.
The Secretary shall be appointed by the Management Committee upon such terms and conditions as they may determine. The Secretary shall, with the approval of the Management Committee, appoint such persons as staff of the Secretariat upon terms and conditions approved by the Management Committee.
The Secretariat shall be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Association and act under the directives and guidance of the Management Committee.
The Board Process
The ADFIP Management Committee sets the future of the Association.
- The Management Committee shall comprise of the Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary and two other members who shall all be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Members of the Committee shall hold office for a period of three years and may be re-elected on expiry of that term.
- The Management Committee shall determine the function of the Chairman, the Treasurer, the Secretary and other staff of the Secretariat, subject to the over-riding authority of the General Assembly.
- The Management Committee shall be responsible for the control and direction of all activities of the Association and for exercising control over the Secretariat at all times.
- The Management Committee shall in particular:
- Consider, review and determine the annual budget of the Association in collaboration with the Secretariat;
- Submit to the General Meeting the necessary Annual Report, the General Report and the Reports of other organs of the Association; and
- Supervise, review, co-ordinate and direct the activities of the Association, the Secretariat and the organs of the Association in between meetings of the Association.
- The Management Committee shall meet at least once a year and shall have a quorum of not less than three members.
- The Management Committee shall adopt such rules and by-laws as it may deem necessary and appropriate for the conduct of the business of the Association, provided by such rules and by-laws shall not be inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, subject to the over-riding authority of the General Assembly.